Many times, the dark skin under arms can be a cause for embarrassment – you feel reluctant to wear sleeveless dresses, wearing a bikini on the beach makes you conscious and you always turn down a pool-side party invitations – if any of this has been happening to you, then how long do you want to be a victim of low self-esteem?
Dark underarms can be a result of frequent use of hair removal creams and shaving, excessive use of deodorants, accumulation of dead cells, friction due to tight-fitting clothes, hereditary factors, obesity, diabetes and hormonal imbalance.
Though, there are many causal factors, dark armpits can be lightened in a variety of ways:
- Throw away your razor and forget hair removing creams. These are painless methods, but waxing is, undoubtedly, the best alternative. It removes tanning, as well as dead skin cells.
- Exfoliate! Your facial scrub can be used on armpits, too. Regular exfoliation will remove dead cell build-up.
- Apply lemon juice mixed with cucumber juice on your under arms. This combination will smooth, soften and lighten your under arm skin.
- Massaging the affected area with baking soda also aids in skin lightening.
- Tomato or potato juice can also be applied on the darkened skin as the two are good bleaching agents.
- A paste of sandalwood powder and milk serves as an effective skin whitening remedy which provides ample nourishment, as well.
- You can make a whitening pack by mixing gram flour, lemon juice and turmeric. Apply this paste on the dark skin and rinse after 15-20 minutes. Repeat thrice a week for at least 2 months and observe significant changes in your skin color.
- Application of Vitamin C and E rich oils decreases skin darkening as both of these possess antioxidant properties.
These natural remedies produce visible results, but you need to be consistent. Besides this, try to wear loose clothes whenever possible and minimize the use of deodorants in order to keep your under arm skin safe from the effects of chemicals.